Adastra Group is a leading provider of Information Management solutions to global Fortune 1000 companies. One of Canada`s 50 Best Managed companies, Adastra has over 1200 employees worldwide with headquarters in Canada and the Czech Republic and offices in Russia, Germany, Slovakia and Bulgaria.
Adastra Bulgaria was founded in the year 2007 and currently has offices in the cities of Sofia, Varna and Plovdiv. Our portfolio includes various projects in the areas of Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Master Data Management and Big Data for large clients, such as Bank of Montreal, Volkswagen and Vivacom.
We are currently looking for a talented QA Specialist for Data Warehouse and Big Data projects who wants to participate in challenging projects, to work with international teams and to share experience and knowledge with technically proficient colleagues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze business requirements and perform gap analysis
- Prepare source data to be used for testing ETL, BI and Big Data applications
- Design and execute test cases, prepare test scenarios and test procedures
- Generate expected results and compare with the actual results populated from the ETL and BI processing
- Analyze results from the test execution and identify discrepancies
- Analyze discrepancies, perform Root Cause analysis and Defects Management
- Write scripts using SQL, KornShell, Perl and Python, and utilize tools such as HP ALM to manage and automate testing activities
- Prepare the required output documentation
- Work closely with other team members to ensure the smooth implementation of the project deliverables
Required Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree in Computer Science or similar
- Experience in Relational Databases such as Netezza, Teradata, IBM DB2, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Profound knowledge and experience in database development using programming languages such as SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, Perl and Python
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Capability to approach problems as challenges and deal with them constructively
- English language proficiency (spoken and written)
- German language is an advantage
- Ability to travel abroad
What Adastra can offer you:
- Challenging projects in an international environment where open communication and knowledge sharing are encouraged
- Competitive compensation package and bonus scheme based on the personal performance review approach to recognition
- Comprehensive benefit plan
- Information and training sessions
- Successful referral program
- The opportunity to work with one of the best in the IM field
Are you ready to join a dynamic team of Information Management professionals committed to deliver best-in class solutions and services to the world’s leading organizations? Apply now and send your resume in English. We thank all interested applicants but will only contact the short-listed ones.