Junior DB Specialist
Adastra Group (www.adastragrp.com) is a leading provider of Information Management solutions to global Fortune 1000 companies. One of Canada`s 50 Best Managed companies, Adastra has over 1200 employees worldwide with headquarters in Canada and the Czech Republic and offices in Russia, Germany, Slovakia and Bulgaria.
Adastra Bulgaria (www.adastragrp.bg) was founded in the year 2007 and currently has two offices in the cities of Sofia and Varna. Our portfolio includes various projects in the areas of Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Master Data Management and Big Data for large clients, such as Bank of Montreal, Volkswagen and Vivacom.
We are currently looking for a Junior Database Specialist for our international Data Warehouse projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, develop, deploy, test and document BI or ETL solutions utilizing cutting-edge technologies
- Implement different technical solutions based on DWH fundamental concepts and best practices
- Extract data by using multiple tables
- Develop relational data models
- Participate in code reviews to ensure quality and integrity of project deliverables
- Capability to approach problems as challenges and deal with them constructively
- Represent Adastra and liaise with other client groups within the framework of a larger project team to deliver a unified solution
Required Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related numerate / quantitative subject preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with databases, including one or more of the following RDBMSs: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Netezza, Teradata
- Good knowledge in writing SQL & PL/SQL code and/or one of the following: C, C++, Perl, Java or other programming language
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- English language proficiency (spoken and written). Knowledge of German language is a strong advantage
- Ability and desire to travel abroad
What Adastra can offer you:
- Receive on-the-job training
- Challenging projects in an international environment where open communication and knowledge sharing are encouraged
- Competitive compensation package and bonus scheme based on the personal performance review approach to recognition
- Comprehensive benefit plan
- Successful referral program
- The opportunity to work with one of the best in the IM field
Are you ready to join a dynamic team of Information Management professionals committed to deliver best-in-class solutions and services to the world’s leading organizations? Apply now and send your resume in English or German at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested applicants, but will only contact the short-listed ones.